Setting eggs 4-3-14

I want to join the thread! I started my second clutch on 4-6, I'm counting today a day 4. I got the eggs locally and I'm not sure of the hens but the rooster is a Lavender Orphington. The lady had quite a collection. I am so excited! I couldn't wait and candled them all tonight and I have 8 out of 10 eggs showing veining and the start. Very faint of course but YAY! I will check them again in a few days. I'm pretty sure one of them is no good but want to give it a chance to prove itself. I will have to check the email from the lady I recieved the eggs from as she gave me a list of what most of her hens are. Two of the eggs are a very dark chocolaty brown and the others are varying shades of light brown. Sorry this is getting long but I don't want to wake my daughter to tell her the cool news, LOL.

I want to join the thread! I started my second clutch on 4-6, I'm counting today a day 4. I got the eggs locally and I'm not sure of the hens but the rooster is a Lavender Orphington. The lady had quite a collection. I am so excited! I couldn't wait and candled them all tonight and I have 8 out of 10 eggs showing veining and the start. Very faint of course but YAY! I will check them again in a few days. I'm pretty sure one of them is no good but want to give it a chance to prove itself. I will have to check the email from the lady I recieved the eggs from as she gave me a list of what most of her hens are. Two of the eggs are a very dark chocolaty brown and the others are varying shades of light brown. Sorry this is getting long but I don't want to wake my daughter to tell her the cool news, LOL.
Welcome and best of luck on your hatch. Please keep us posted!
smile.png

Ack! Now I think I have joined three hatchalongs! :lau

Anyway, here is my update! :celebrate

:weee

I had a horrid incubator last year (that I have used for years actually), but last year it simply would not behave! So, I have a brand spanking new incubator set up, and it has been holding temps perfectly, even in my 50F house! Love it!

And, I am very excited! So excited that I could pop! The first shipped eggs that came yesterday, had 9 mashed and gooey, but the shipped eggs that arrived today were PERFECT! Every single one, was perfect! AND, the guy I ordered from put in an extra DOZEN!

Soooooooo happy right now!

I have one more set of eggs in the mail, and maybe one more that will get shipped, so I am going to have a slightly staggered hatch, a bit tricky... Never done staggered or shipped, so we shall see how that goes.

Oh... Eggs, the first set are very nice Dominique, from a great breeder, so I hope I get at least a trio to hatch out luckily he sold them to me at a bargain price, very nice man.

The second set of eggs that arrived in such great condition, and with an entire dozen extra are rose comb dark brown leghorn, also from a great breeder. His dark brown leghorns are gorgeous AND productive, so I am super excited, with three dozen perfect eggs, even shipped ones, I should get a decent number to hatch.

The ones in the mail are off of ebay, so totally up in the air as to if they are going to be as pretty as the pictures of the adults that were posted, partridge Wyandotte bantams.

The last eggs that I am hoping to get are also bantams, Ameraucana, but they haven't been paid for or shipped, so who knows if they will work out.

Well I checked my email, the breed list the lady gave me was shorter than I thought. Black Copper Marans, Plymouth Barred Rocks and Silver Laced Wyandottes. I know she had more kinds of hens but at least I know which ones the chocolaty colored eggs probably are, LOL.
With only ten eggs I am amazed at what everyone else is hatching. Not only the amount but the varieties. I just might have to look into getting a bigger incubator. This is going to be one very interesting thread!

Well I checked my email, the breed list the lady gave me was shorter than I thought. Black Copper Marans, Plymouth Barred Rocks and Silver Laced Wyandottes. I know she had more kinds of hens but at least I know which ones the chocolaty colored eggs probably are, LOL.
  With only ten eggs I am amazed at what everyone else is hatching. Not only the amount but the varieties. I just might have to look into getting a bigger incubator. This is going to be one very interesting thread!

I think you got a nice mix. I'm kind of jealous of your silver laced wyandottes. They were the very first breed I was interested in and I think they are absolutely gorgeous. Maybe someday.

Ack! Now I think I have joined three hatchalongs! :lau

Anyway, here is my update! :celebrate

:weee

I had a horrid incubator last year (that I have used for years actually), but last year it simply would not behave! So, I have a brand spanking new incubator set up, and it has been holding temps perfectly, even in my 50F house! Love it!

And, I am very excited! So excited that I could pop! The first shipped eggs that came yesterday, had 9 mashed and gooey, but the shipped eggs that arrived today were PERFECT! Every single one, was perfect! AND, the guy I ordered from put in an extra DOZEN!

Soooooooo happy right now!

I have one more set of eggs in the mail, and maybe one more that will get shipped, so I am going to have a slightly staggered hatch, a bit tricky... Never done staggered or shipped, so we shall see how that goes.

Oh... Eggs, the first set are very nice Dominique, from a great breeder, so I hope I get at least a trio to hatch out luckily he sold them to me at a bargain price, very nice man.

The second set of eggs that arrived in such great condition, and with an entire dozen extra are rose comb dark brown leghorn, also from a great breeder. His dark brown leghorns are gorgeous AND productive, so I am super excited, with three dozen perfect eggs, even shipped ones, I should get a decent number to hatch.

The ones in the mail are off of ebay, so totally up in the air as to if they are going to be as pretty as the pictures of the adults that were posted, partridge Wyandotte bantams.

The last eggs that I am hoping to get are also bantams, Ameraucana, but they haven't been paid for or shipped, so who knows if they will work out.

Very nice indeed! Did you contact seller about broken eggs. Ive never had more than 1 broke and only rarely. I love the breeds you got. Best of luck

Kathy

I adore Marans and b Rocks. Sounds like a new incubator or a long hatching season is in your future

Back
Top Bottom