Setting eggs anyone want to join?

took this picture of my nephew with my 3 or 4 month old buff pullet. think if he could he would of took her home to his apartment lol.

Cute picture! I think the kids are as surprised as to how soft a chicken feels as I was when I first picked one up years after having been around them, I mean years..since a child. Didn't remember them being so soft. Aww, they both have sweet faces too. :))

Cute picture! I think the kids are as surprised as to how soft a chicken feels as I was when I first picked one up years after having been around them, I mean years..since a child. Didn't remember them being so soft. Aww, they both have sweet faces too. :))

he was very surprised he could pick her up. i raised her since she was three weeks old and handled her daily so she is very tame. i got her from a guy who drove by my place and asked if i want some chickens or he was just going to dump them in the desert near by. i took all that he had they included 2 barred rocks (one of them was already a year or 2 and within the same day that i got her she layed an egg for me) one RIR mix and my buff you see in the picture. she is a loner though because i had no other chickens her age to hang out with in the house (rir and barred rocks where old enough to be outside). im hoping when she gets old enough for breeding the rooster will integrate her into the flock.

I don't know about AZ, but Utah is in for a windy wet week. I saw that the storm was coming down and around from the south. Of course we get snow where we are..not sure where you are in AZ, but you could get some rain I guess.

I'm ex military so I've been all over... born in Illinois
ya.gif
, raised in farm country in Wisconsin
woot.gif
. Then Air Force at 18... Texas,
barnie.gif
Guam,
tongue2.gif
Montana for 7 years,
clap.gif
New Jersey for 13
celebrate.gif
and now Maryland the past 6 years
yesss.gif

I get around... LOL
wee.gif

Last edited:
Day 3 for me and all seems well. Humidity keeps getting to 66 but hopefully i can adjust that. When do yall normally candle and take a peek?

Yes, get that humidity down, pretty quick if you can. Day 5 at the earliest, but day 7 is the best for a first time if you aren't used to candling.

hey cynthia12 i know this a bit off topic but since your hatch buff orps, do you notice if cockerels feather faster then pullets? reason i ask is because i have a chick that is agressive and smaller then ones i bought with but it is nearly all feathered except its tail and head where as the others who are bigger then him all have fluff in different spots. also its feathers on the wings swing upwards..

Back
Top Bottom