Setting eggs anyone want to join?

I have one chick; one dead, apparently from drowning, before it had completely zipped; and 3 more pipping. I've been using the dry hatch method but perhaps my hatcher humidity was too high. Hopefully that will be the only one.

I can't wait to see pics of all the new fuzzy butts!

The first egg I brought in from my broody stinker of a mom girl..hatched out this cutie...Feet are still a bit swollen, will go down by tomorrow. It was screaming at me! lol..

now got 5 eggs hatched and one pipped but think it is dead. its been pipped since this morning and tried all day to get out and now stop moving or breathing. weird thing i noticed is the neighbors gave me some eggs to incubate and one hatched clean and all sealed up. so think something might be wrong with my eggs because i now have another chick with the stringy thing.

Hey Cat..is that contest still accepting pictures? I have a great one for Christmas. Where do I go if they are? It's for 2012 right?

AZ Birds, what kind of stringy thing? Is it like an umbilical cord?

not sure but it has like olive green, brown and yellow colors. all my eggs inside after hatching have green stuff in it left over to. all are still alive though they have not opened there eyes or explored much like the clean one and some hatched hours before it.

Some of my previous hatches have had similar, it's pretty normal. Typically just the membrane tissues and sometimes they poop in the shell. I've had some with umbilical cords too, they fall off. Your humidity may have been a little high during hatch, but as long as they came out they should be OK.

Back
Top Bottom