Setting eggs anyone want to join?

Some of my previous hatches have had similar, it's pretty normal. Typically just the membrane tissues and sometimes they poop in the shell. I've had some with umbilical cords too, they fall off. Your humidity may have been a little high during hatch, but as long as they came out they should be OK.

well they are still alive for now. one is staying on its back and going into shakes, dont think it will make but im let nature take its course. other one i was worried about has had everything but a pinkish red tube go away, i touched it a bit and there is definitely some kind of fluid or poop in there. he is walking around with everyone else though so who knows. ill try and get some pics soon and post them so you all can see what im talking about. on the upsides i got 3 babies up and running around so not to bad considering i was thinking i would get 5 out of 22 and i still have 9 in the incubator due this after noon.

here is a couple of the baby that i think is going to die the way he is in my hand is the way he always is even when i turn him to his feet he goes back.

the next couple pictures are my healthy looking chicks and the light color one came from the neighbors egg last 3 pics are the same chick. i also have another but it is still fluffing so it looks all mangy looking.

well shortly after posting pictures the one on his back has died. also checked the bator after and i got another pip on a egg. its the neighbors egg again so we will see how clean it comes out.

well shortly after posting pictures the one on his back has died. also checked the bator after and i got another pip on a egg. its the neighbors egg again so we will see how clean it comes out.

I don't know what is going on with the chicks. It looks as if they didn't form fully. I would stick them in a ziplock bag and freeze them. Then I would call your local State Veterinarian Arizona Department of Agriculture http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/animal_dis_spec/poultry/downloads/osa-npip.pdf They come out and test your flocks health so you can get NPIP. Maybe they can tell you if it is genetic or some kind of sickness. Sorry for your loss. Hope you have better luck with the new batch.

I don't know what is going on with the chicks. It looks as if they didn't form fully. I would stick them in a ziplock bag and freeze them. Then I would call your local State Veterinarian Arizona Department of Agriculture http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/animal_dis_spec/poultry/downloads/osa-npip.pdf They come out and test your flocks health so you can get NPIP. Maybe they can tell you if it is genetic or some kind of sickness. Sorry for your loss. Hope you have better luck with the new batch.

do you know what it cost to get this done? that would be great to know what my birds health are. i had 4 month buff orpington get sick for about 2 weeks so now i have been spraying with oxine ah and putting DE where they mostly hangout and in the coop but my birds free range on acre all day so i cant protect them from everything.

Back
Top Bottom