Setting eggs Memorial Day Weekend! :) They're hatching!!!

Wow! I guess I should've candle them before I gave them to Chole. Whoops. Ahh well, we're both first timers. Haha! I think I'll stick with Day 5. I should be able to see something. I'm going to have to go out and get myself a nice bright flashlight.

Hi I am waiting for DH to return from a chicken swap today. I couldnt go got a cold at the last minute. He is bringing home 12 light brahmas eggs, 3 buff brahma eggs. 12 B/B/S cochin and 6 salmon faverolle eggs. I have my 2 incubators ready and waiting for them. They already contain jersey giants,leghorns,cochins,orpingtons, and millefluer bantam cochin eggs that will go into lockdown in the hatcher soon cant wait

Quote:
Well don't feel bad I just stuck them in and under also
hu.gif

My eyes don't see as well as they once did so I will just pray and hope for the best!
thumbsup.gif

Well Day 1 is done! Only 20 more to go, not that I'm counting or anything. Haha! I made Chole get up this evening. She had a few sips of water, and then preceded to eat for 10 minutes. When she was finished stuffing her face she hurried back to her eggs and started cooing contentedly.

I did check the coop for the large, stink broody poo that I should be expecting and I can't find any
hmm.png
I'm a bit concerned, but being as she seems comfortable I'm hoping that I just missed it. Who would've thought I'd be looking for chicken poo
hu.gif

I'm setting 10 golden cuckoo marans and 8 americana eggs Monday. I'm trying to get my bator lined out right now i haven't used it in 10 years its just a LG still air bator. the temp is running 99.2 to 100.2 at the wire mesh for now over 3 hours. so if its still at a good temp in the morning I'm going to but the eggs in. i may need some help i haven't hatched eggs in a long time and didn't do that good before.

I started some on the same day. Have some Americana eggs in the incubator along with some different bantams. I have a bantam hen that is sitting on her eggs right now. Not sure what she is but the father is silver duckwing. One of my bantam eggs is a silver duckwing in the incubator. Black OEG bantams as well. Hope I get lucky and they hatch this time. I have had so much trouble with eggs since I started but now I have some hygrometers so may it will work! lol.

Last edited:
Yay more hatch buddies!!!

Y'all have awesome breeds. I've never seen a golden cuckoo maran. I bet they're lovely! And I've always wanted some Americanas, mainly because I love my EE. Haha!

Back
Top Bottom