Setting eggs Memorial Day Weekend! :) They're hatching!!!

Well. I finally got her to let me get the chicks out. Still waiting on the 2 silkies to hatch their eggs which is any day now and the ones in the incubator should be out on the 19th and 20th. Heres a pic of the ones the hen started hatching out yesterday. She done great. 11 eggs and 11 dibs. All of them hatched out. They are half silver duckwing oeg bantam and not sure what the other half is. Shes a banny hen is all I know. lol. Daddy was the silver duckwing.

57903_imag0396.jpg

Last edited:
Yay! The first pics!!!! Congrats JD! You must be soooo excited. All my babies will most likely be mixes too! It'll make guessing what they are a blast
big_smile.png

Im glad I posted that pic now. My daughter was looking on here with me and noticed the date is only WAY off. lol. I need to set the camera date.

I wish I knew what kind of hen the mom is. Then at least I would know what they are. I just know the father is a OEG silverduckwing.

a transformer bleew up today and i was without power all day, my eggs got to cool and then too hot I candled and didnt see any movement. i am at day 13 i am going to leave them until they hatch or start stinking i think, just in case.

Quote:
I wasnt sure the day the hens started sitting. Since this one had hers yesterday, the black silkies should start tonight or tomorrow. Then the white silkie a day or two later I think. But I still have the 26 in the incubator that I am now iffy on since I have seen temp spikes up to 103 and down to 97. Im not too worried about the 97. The 103 I think I caught in time though. Dont think it was there too long. After all, it takes about a half hour of a temp change to affect the inside of the egg. For it to go from 100 to 103 would probably take 45 mins to an hour and a half I guess and I think I caught it pretty soon. I hope anyway.

Woo hoo! Chicks already! Congrats!

I'm on day 19 witht he oprs/brahmas, and no, they haven't even pipped yet, but if I get any it will be a miracle. Orps looked good though.
Down to 30 out of 40 an day 14 with the barnevelders
sad.png
Just threw four more quitters.

Good luck everyone!

OMG!!!! I just got back from closing up the coops. I actually got sooo excited that I have to go back later and double check that I did close them all up haha! I saw the smallest egg (the only one that's actually Chole's) shake!!!! YAY!!!!

wee.gif

I'm only a little bit excited
roll.png
lau.gif

And of course, sianara day 17!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the 3 days of chick watch!!!!

Tomorrow is Day 21 (actually it is tonight since I put them in at night so didn't start countinting until the next day. I finally got my humidity right. Brooder is ready, now all I need is a chick or two to put in it!!!
pop.gif

Today is Day 21, but three hatched early on the 20th.

There were 3 more this morning and 2 have pipped.

All 6 appear to be blue. Up date after work.

Back
Top Bottom