Setting eggs Memorial Day Weekend! :) They're hatching!!!

I feel ya Airilith! This morning I noticed a few of my eggs wiggling around, but so far no pips. I can't wait until they start hatching!
caf.gif

The suspected double yolk egg has done nothing, not even a shake or roll. As my little girl was 'helping' this morning and had the incubator open for I don't know how long, I'm going to assist the last two orp eggs left, and get this hatch done. Not dragging it out at all.

Update later, but 4/4 brahmas and 3/5 buff orps ain't bad!!

So far I have had one of the black bantams to die during the hatching. But 1 silverduckwing bantam has made it, 2 americanas, and 8 black oeg bantams. Still have more waiting to pop out. 1 americana and 1 silverduckwing have pipped but not come out yet. I did see 4 black silkies outside under the mom yesterday. Not sure how many of hers have hatched other than those yet. White silkie is still waiting for hers to hatch as well.

Im really happy after the auction last night though. Guy I know pretty good brought some 5 day old silver and gold phoenix. I have been trying to get some of them for MONTHS now. Even got them for 50 cents for 6 and 40 cents for the other 6! Had to put them in with my new hatchlings when I came home till I could get all the different brooder pens built. Gonna be a LONNNNGGGGG day.

I opened Chole's coop this morning to CHIRPING!!!! I have to admit that I pulled one of her wings back just a little and saw a wet little head! And one of the EE eggs has pipped. At that point I closed the coop and walked away. There's much too much temptation to keep peeking and I don't want to hurt the eggs that haven't hatched yet.

I'll get pictures up as soon as I can!

My mallard eggs are on day 20 and I am thinking of going to lock down later today. Two eggs are almost full and look like day 24/25 on this site http://www.metzerfarms.com/Candling.cfm?CustID=62670 and some are looking like day 21/22. I did an experiment by having some in an automatic turner and some hand turned. The automatically turned ones are now on their sides and I took the auto turner out for more room for the ducklings. The auto turned ones have fluid on the bottom of the egg and the hand turned ones are solid dark on their small bottoms.

Quote:
celebrate.gif
How exciting!!! I have to wait a few more days yet. Enjoy the babies! I can't wait to see the photos!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Ok, got all four brahmas and three out of five orps. Two pipped upseide down, were assists. The wax one was first out, and has already gone to a new home (roo) but I kept the tiny teeny tiny roo. No idea what the orps are yet though.

Just 30 Barnevelders to go Tuesday....

ya.gif
So far we have 5 new little chicks in the coop! They are so fun to watch with the hen. She is still sitting on the remaining eggs so maybe we will find more tonight! Will the chicks be ok in the nest with her? How long before she takes them off the nest to the water and food?? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom