Setting eggs tomorrow night, 3/29/12, anyone want to hatch with us?

I have been in lock down since Tuesday... Nothing yet
idunno.gif
...Please wish me luck I started out with 25 eggs and down to 17 in lock down... I am hopeful for all to hatch but want some to at least hatch for me....
pop.gif

Its only day 20 right??? so nothing to worry about!!! Chickens like to take their own sweet time when we are watching! What are you hatching??? ... Notice how I am trying to distract you so that you don't sit and stare at the incubator????

frow.gif
Well Aaggjg, that is a good question as to what I am hatching. I thought all this time that I was hatching silkies , only because I thought I had true Silkies because that is what my mom said they were when she brought them to me last summer. I have come to realize that my Silkies are not true because they have the red comb and waddles. However my two Black hens do have the blackish/mulberry ones so this is why I am unsure as to what exactally I have in the bator LOL my guess is prob muts as I have seen them on here but not real sure... What are your thoughts on what I have?

frow.gif
Well Aaggjg, that is a good question as to what I am hatching. I thought all this time that I was hatching silkies , only because I thought I had true Silkies because that is what my mom said they were when she brought them to me last summer. I have come to realize that my Silkies are not true because they have the red comb and waddles. However my two Black hens do have the blackish/mulberry ones so this is why I am unsure as to what exactally I have in the bator LOL my guess is prob muts as I have seen them on here but not real sure... What are your thoughts on what I have?

Hmmmm Probably some sort of silkie mix.... Do they look like silkies??? How red is red???
big_smile.png

Any activity on your eggs???? are you sure you are counting days correctly???

Wow!!! You all have been busy! I had 4 pages of posts to read!!!
caf.gif

Congrats to all for the many chicks pipped and hatched!!! For those who are running slow... hang in there!!! Some do hatch late for various reasons. And, if you have a bad hatch just know we've all been there!

Well... here's my quick update. I am on Day 19. I had two of my bantam mutts hatch this afternoon! The first one was sweet enough to hatch just after I got my daughter home from school. We did end up being a tad late for gymnastics and swimming practice. (I didn't try to explain why we were late to the coaches... I was pretty sure they wouldn't agree with my priorities!) There are at least 5 more bantam eggs that have pipped! So my bantams seem to be early birds! So far no pips in the reds, but after all it is only day 19.

Here are my babies!!!

Keep the updates coming! I'm rooting for all of you!!!

Karen and my 2 chicks!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Wow!!! You all have been busy! I had 4 pages of posts to read!!!
caf.gif

Congrats to all for the many chicks pipped and hatched!!! For those who are running slow... hang in there!!! Some do hatch late for various reasons. And, if you have a bad hatch just know we've all been there!

Well... here's my quick update. I am on Day 19. I had two of my bantam mutts hatch this afternoon! The first one was sweet enough to hatch just after I got my daughter home from school. We did end up being a tad late for gymnastics and swimming practice. (I didn't try to explain why we were late to the coaches... I was pretty sure they wouldn't agree with my priorities!) There are at least 5 more bantam eggs that have pipped! So my bantams seem to be early birds! So far no pips in the reds, but after all it is only day 19.

Here are my babies!!!

Keep the updates coming! I'm rooting for all of you!!!

Karen and my 2 chicks!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

CUTE! THEY ARE SO LITTLE!

well, my hatch is over...

Out of 13 eggs into lockdown, (one being a double yolker) I had 11 hatch!

Pretty good for shipped eggs!

& IM IN LOVE!
love.gif

Did your double yolker hatch??? That is an amazing number from shipped eggs!!! How far did the eggs travel???

The red is kind of dark but not to the point of looking black or maulberry.. Also they are taller than the ones shown on here. They do have the most characistics of a Silkie though such as Black skin, 5 toes. I have a pic of them but not real close to actually examine them. No nothing yet with the eggs they are just laying there
hu.gif
..... I set them on March 30th I know you start the count the next day which would be the 31st. I put them in lock down on Tues the 17 th and Fri the 20th would be day 21 right?

This pic is of my Whie Silkies 2 roos and 2 hens

these are 4 of the 8 hatched so far!

the other 4 are still in the bator, and waiting on two more pips

I can see that you use the same chicken math I do! "Yes honey, there are only four chicks here! Trust me!"
wink.png

Congrats on your awesome hatch! 11 out of 13 is super, especially when you consider that the double yolker was an extreme longshot.

Here are your chicks!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif