Setting eggs week of 10/1

i just saw that i've got 2 outta 4 call duck eggs hatching. all i've read about them, you have to assist them because of their short bill, large head and short neck. so quickly got the 4 out, candled them and found 2 had internally pipped and had punched a hole in the shell....:)

i've just put 3 call duck eggs (different set) in lockdown a few minutes ago; they'll hatch the 26th . then i have 2 mille fleur d'uccle bantam chicken eggs that will hatch 29-30th.

Just this morning when I woke up I saw one of my eggs was cracked through a little and I heard a chick peep. Now I don't see it trying to get out anymore so should I just leave it alone and see I'd it works its was out?

Moved 11 out of the LG into a brooder I've made with a 10gal aquarium. I stood there and watched them for awhile to see what they were going to do and their curiosity took over and they all started moving around. Mostly toward the 75W bulb I'm using for a heat source, temp at bottom of brooder was 89.One found the food and stuck its beak into it and started eating, then there was 2 then 3 eating. Another found the water supply and learned how to drink then others joined it. Looks like they will take to their surroundings pretty good. My baby sitter from previous post runs from the closet upstairs to the brooder down stairs whining and crying, he'll get tired fast. I will set up the web can in the brooder today.

Cool I think it is so cool to watch chicks that were just hatched learning what there food and surroundings are. I can't wait to see my chicks hatch and watch them,maybe I will try to set up a webcam in my brooder too.

heres my babies they hatched out today
love.gif
three paint silkies and one frizzled polish

Back
Top Bottom