Setting eggs week of 10/1

Yes thank you for pointing that I out I started this thread and erect soy is talking in ti but no one is really saying to mich about how their actual incubating process turned out.

Tonight is when my eggs are due to hatch! (I set them at 11pm in the evening!) No sign so far..... last time I hatched in this incubator all eggs pipped on day 21. So I have my fingers crossed for some action in the next 24 hours.

It is the first warm day of the year today. About 88 degrees in your language..... Thankfully the incubator is holding temp well and no heat spikes so far. I'm looking to buy a brand new incubator in the next week as I have a heap of eggs getting shipped to me. Yay! I can't wait for some babies!

had alot of posters on this hatch-a-long, and not too many results. Wassup. Here's a list of who's posted since nathanya started the thread, and results of their hatches that they have posted.

nathanya
3forfree-9
pyxis
hscmorgans-3
brookhavens
novanod1966
sandmbaker-4
mstricer
tinak

any more??????????????????????????

Argh! I was jinxed by joining all these hatching threads! Now I am forced to admit my failure!

Unfortunately I only got 2 out of the 17 eggs I initially set to hatch. A miserable failure!!! Only one of those hatched is still with us. The second chick was an assisted hatch and probably should never have made it out of the egg. It had curled toes and was never as fast an active as the other chick that hatched.

So, why not pop another 76 eggs in to see what happens next! lol. I've just put a heap of shipped eggs and some of my own into my new incubator. Wish me luck this time around!
fl.gif

sorry about your bad hatch luck, I went 0-24 last spring. I've got 9 that are growing like weeds from the nov hatch. Won't do any more until next spring. Good luck on your next one.

change of plans. eggs were set 18 in barn in cooler bator and 6 in LG in house. Went to barn this morning and temps was 105+ don't know how long it was that temp, but I gathered up the cartons the eggs were in and brought them into the house and put them in the LG with the others. That's the second time using a hot water heater thermostat that I've had trouble, I used it in my last hatch  and it quit working and everything cooled off, I still had some hatch but I had to go to a back up that I had running with a water bed thermostat. I'm going to set up the water bed thermostat in a styrofoam cooler just in case the lg takes a crap.
use two gqf snapdisc thermostats wired in series 20 bucks each on eBay accurate to .5 degree and with two if one fails the other will pick up the slack and save your hatch

Back
Top Bottom