Setting shipped eggs in my incubator step by step

Even though I received the email stating the box arrived at my PO at 8:30 this morning there was no note or key in my box when son went to check this afternoon. He did not call me so I could send him to the front desk to ask a human where the box was
barnie.gif
So, tomorrow I send hubby on a mission .. Sounds like everyone is ahead of me.

What a crazy turn of events. I called the PO and asked about the box. According to them if the computer says its delivered it is. I guess it did not really matter it was not me. Luckily the unknow recipient in a neighboring box turned in the package... wanted to know where her package was since mine was not what she was looking for.. not a good day to work at the PO I guess.

So.. got the eggs, unpacked them. The were all nicely wrapped and not a crack or broken egg. Had to move the incubator from my unused living room as the heat in there is not as consistent and we have had a turn of bitter cold temps. It's now in the kitchen and up to 99.0 and 40% humidity. Will set them in a little bit. They are resting at the moment.

Hatching Buddies it is so
smile.png

I lost this thread sorry just found it know! Did i tell you the deal with my shipped eggs?!
Sorry if im repeating myself:I bought my eggs off ebay and the man said if more than six candle clear that to send him back the clear eggs and he will send me a new lot has to be within fourteen days!!
he.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
Its like going trough the Brahma Hatch again i really wont to have these birds but with the odds against me i dunno?!

This is what i have wrote down in my not pad
Each egg has 1-12 on them which corresponds to each egg.Beside each number on the note pad i have marked (p,k,?) These stand for porous,ok and unknown.

Day one (just put into incubator)
I have Two unknown (air cell has not settled)
I have Five Porous
And Five Ok.

Day four
I have Four unknown(air cell)
I have Two porous (but look more dark inside than day one no web that i can see)
The Three other pourous eggs havent changed(guess clear!)
Two clear eggs.
And i have only one good egg!(number 5)

Do you think i should contact the seller of the eggs and tell him that most the eggs are clear?! Or will i wait another week? What you think ?!
smack.gif
idunno.gif

Last edited:
You still need to get your temps up a bit!! You need to be up to at least 99.5. You can adjust it on that bator!!

ETA: Have you compared your temps on that digital thermometer to you glass one one the bator?? Since not all digitals are accurate!!

Last edited:
I have been using the egg-o-meter since I first turned on the incubator and let it come up to heat. It is heavy like an egg, sort of dense feeling. It appears to hold heat and give that reading. Then I have the other digital meter to compare to an I have been checking the glass thermometer all along. It has been constant at just under 100(it's harder to read) and I would say very close to the Egg-0-meter. I just set the 14 Cochin eggs (shipped) 8 Brabanter (mine) and the rest are Americana x & Cuckoo Maran X (sexlink) volunteers. Letting it all sit and come backup and will check later tonight and in the morning. With the glass thermometer just under the lid I think of that as the top level read. Then I place the digital temp/hygrometer in the tray close to the bottom to get a read at that level and usually have both within a point or so.

I make sure my glass one stays right at 100 or just a hair over then my one I have sitting in there stays at around 99.5-99.7.

I had bought 2 more digitals tp put in there and it was crazy. All 3 side by side and all 3 giving a different temp. I finally took all but one of them out cause it's enough to keep your nerves frayed!!

Good Luck with your hatch!!
smile.png

Quote:
I don't think getting an exact temp of 99.5 is that important. 99 degrees is fine and its not like it will kill your hatch. I have hatched eggs at 100 degrees and 99 with good hatch rates. Don't worry too much! My first hatch I was paranoid about temp too.

Last edited:
Candled last night five seemed ok! I just F******G let one drop when turning just now will i toss or leave any ideas? the drop put a dented crack in the egg it had to be one that was growing aaa!!
he.gif
somad.gif
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom