Setting some eggs 5-13-15. Looking for some folks to hatch a long with me.

OK I have a question, my DH got me the Brinsea Octo 20 for mothers day (what a guy!). So I set a few of my silkie/show girls which are now 11 days in, going great. Today when I was candling, DH opened the door behind me with a little nudge and I put down one of the eggs slightly harder and there is a tiny crack like when they first start to pip. Do I give the baby a chance or chuck it? LOVE the Brinsea. That Hovabator gave me fits. I tried three times with it and each time it would hold at 99.5 for about 5-6 days and then I would come down the next day and it would be 107*, like it was possessed. GRR.

Afternoon everyone, I have just been checking my dates for my hatch and realized I have made a mistake, my eggs are actually due Friday 5th June so I am on day 16 so I have only 2 days till lockdown

OK I have a question, my DH got me the Brinsea Octo 20 for mothers day (what a guy!). So I set a few of my silkie/show girls which are now 11 days in, going great. Today when I was candling, DH opened the door behind me with a little nudge and I put down one of the eggs slightly harder and there is a tiny crack like when they first start to pip. Do I give the baby a chance or chuck it? LOVE the Brinsea. That Hovabator gave me fits. I tried three times with it and each time it would hold at 99.5 for about 5-6 days and then I would come down the next day and it would be 107*, like it was possessed. GRR.
I also LOVE Brinsea!! I had a cracked egg that was shipped to me and I used wax but it got a red ring in the first 3 days. Where is the crack? I think you have a good chance of saving it, if it is on the air cell. Try the wax or nail polish. Good luck! Keep us posted!

Just put my 3out of what was 5 eggs into lockdown. Yay. But one of the eggs went into the incubator a day later so it's only on day 17 will this compromise the egg? I hope not as I'm not sure there's much I can do!

What happens when you put in the egg the other way?

Depends on the egg. Some show the air sac and nothing else, some seem to just be dark. The light is not passing completely through the egg, so I can't see both ends at one time. This, quite frankly, sucks.

I did however manage to get a video unlike any I saw during the last hatch.

0.jpg

Ok, It is officially day 17! I'll be candling shortly but I have a question for you elite chicken hatchers lol I'm going to be gone tomorrow night, which is when i should be taking my peeps off of the automatic turner. Will it hurt anything if I take them out of the turner tonight? I'll still have my single duck egg in the turner. On my turner you can take out the individual rows so I'd leave in one row for the single duck egg.....

Back
Top Bottom