Pics

Artichoke Lover

Free Ranging
Jul 27, 2020
Southeast US
I’ve seen several threads related to sewing (Seeing Machine Collecters, Quilting, specific projects, etc. But there doesn’t seem to be a general sewing thread so I decided to creat one. Share favorite patterns, what you are working on, finished projects, questions or ideas!

I’ve been sewing for about 10 years and dabbled in quilting a bit. I’ve completed several projects from pillow cases to aprons and dresses.

I’ve currently got a few projects lined up. A satin pillow case, a skirt and an apron.

I love the title pun, btw.

Can I just share the free beauty I received a couple weeks ago? It's in wonderful shape but boy the wood needs some TLC.
Screenshot_20220325-142323_Instagram.jpg

My mom used to sew most of our clothes, and I learned from her and my home ec. teacher (boy, does that date me!) I am working to reorganize my "sewing room" so that there is actually enough space to not have to lug my machine downstairs to the dining table.

I am a Singer girl all the way! But I like their old machines better than their newer ones.

BTW, @klb25, that's a lovely machine! Congratulations!

My mom used to sew most of our clothes, and I learned from her and my home ec. teacher (boy, does that date me!) I am working to reorganize my "sewing room" so that there is actually enough space to not have to lug my machine downstairs to the dining table.

I am a Singer girl all the way! But I like their old machines better than their newer ones.

BTW, @klb25, that's a lovely machine! Congratulations!
Being able to sew all or most of my clothes is a goal for me. I’m an odd size and it’s difficult to find clothes but that also makes it hard to find patterns. I have learned to make alterations to existing clothing though!

Back
Top Bottom