Sex my silkies

HillBilly64

In the Brooder
May 25, 2018
Gold Coast, Australia
Hi all...this lot are about 14 weeks old (asked before but was too early) as I think I have 3 roosters and 1 pullet and need to start thinking of housing arrangements if that is the case.

Hoping the photos are ok, I tried my hardest. The brown, black and Silkie x all have very small combs at present (could't get photos)

Grey one is a boy, crowing already and has had big combs and wattles for weeks - early developer that one.

Brown silkie - Zoe
Black silkie - Pixie
Black silkie x arucana Pompom (this is the only one I think may be a girl).

Attachments

• Zoe1.jpg
    Zoe1.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Zoe 2.jpg
    Zoe 2.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Zoe 3.jpg
    Zoe 3.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Pixie 1.jpg
    Pixie 1.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Pompom 1.jpg
    Pompom 1.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Pompom2.jpg
    Pompom2.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Spice 1.jpg
    Spice 1.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 21
Zoe looks like a girl based on size of Crest feathers and lack of saddle feathers. Pom pom has a hen like body but need head shot. Does pixie have wattles yet.? With silkies sometimes that can be first telltale sign.

Hi all...this lot are about 14 weeks old (asked before but was too early) as I think I have 3 roosters and 1 pullet and need to start thinking of housing arrangements if that is the case.

Hoping the photos are ok, I tried my hardest. The brown, black and Silkie x all have very small combs at present (could't get photos)

Grey one is a boy, crowing already and has had big combs and wattles for weeks - early developer that one.

Brown silkie - Zoe
Black silkie - Pixie
Black silkie x arucana Pompom (this is the only one I think may be a girl).

They are all beautiful, especially Pompom! Is she laying? Just curious what color her eggs turned out.
Thanks
- Jess

Back
Top Bottom