Sex of my two ducklings

morganrgoff

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2017
hi! I have two American pekin ducklings bought them together, they're about 2-3 weeks old. One is about double in size does this mean that he is a male and the other is female? His tail also flips upwards and hers like straight out.

Drakes dont get a curled tail feather until they are full grown.
But yes often times male ducklings are much larger.
But right now i have 10 sexed female runner ducklings- all of which are diff sizes. Some are much larger. And some are noticable smaller. So its not always the case.

Last edited:
hi! I have two American pekin ducklings bought them together, they're about 2-3 weeks old. One is about double in size does this mean that he is a male and the other is female? His tail also flips upwards and hers like straight out.

Oh and so very cute. I would imagine you have a male and female. I too noticed in my first two pekins that the males whole tail turned up while the girls stayed down.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as far as trying to sex my babies. I have chickens 15 to be exact and am well versed with them but ducks are a new venture for our family. We have 3 Pekins and will be adding 2 more that are only a few days old on Friday. (Stupid people got them and were going to dump them when they saw how messy they can be). Also trying to guess age on my babies.

I'm in the same boat as far as trying to sex my babies. I have chickens 15 to be exact and am well versed with them but ducks are a new venture for our family. We have 3 Pekins and will be adding 2 more that are only a few days old on Friday. (Stupid people got them and were going to dump them when they saw how messy they can be). Also trying to guess age on my babies.

Those look like around 5-6 weeks i think. And by now their voices she be changing. The girls are much noisier- and develop a loud almost honky sound. And then they start quacking.
Males will peep longer and get quiter. They make a raspy sound .

Back
Top Bottom