Sexing Barred Rocks

Pics
Ok ill add mine only one really that I'm iffy on is the one on the left in the first pic. He/she has developed a comb first out of my 4 8 week old "pullet" rocks. I'm pretty sure the rest are hens?
null_zps30a42a90.png

null_zps10e94485.png

Can someone help with mine? 4 days old. I only have one so can't do all the things to compare. :) and when it hatched it just had one large spot on its head.

Last edited:
Breella: Both are pullets. I have a roo and hen that age and there is a huge difference between the two (like night and day)

Blakeh1: I would say the one on the left looks a bit rooish. The coloring on a purebred would be a lot lighter/more barring but the photo may change that look for me. But the legs and comb coloring is a roo alert.

Can someone help with mine? 4 days old. I only have one so can't do all the things to compare. :) and when it hatched it just had one large spot on its head.

Its much too young to tell for sure but, I would say from experience with barred rocks is that it is a pullet. Good luck! They are so cute!

Also notice the one on the left has a brite yellowish orange beak with no wash while the other 3 have a bit of a dark wash and not nearly as bright. This isn't looking good is it ? :(

null_zps30a42a90.png

Back
Top Bottom