Sexing Chicks!

Swampy_9

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
Hello This is only my second batch of chicks that i had to raise. For my previous Batch all of them were Delaware's so i had no issue identifying the roo almost immediately.

However this is my second Batch of chicks. I had purchased them as pullets. However There is a problem. My smallest chick she has not only not grown at all. She has not at all developed Tail Feathers. I cant remember the exact pullet i purchased, but she was purchased along another one of the same kind. That one has her tail feathers and she is getting large. However this little one has not grown at all, Only now am i seeing just the tiniest bit of tail feathers. I did the Wing test to see and she appears female. But if there any other way to check?

Or is it just because she's so small she just hasn't grown any pin feathers at all?
(a picture of her)
1694999970164.png

Hello This is only my second batch of chicks that i had to raise. For my previous Batch all of them were Delaware's so i had no issue identifying the roo almost immediately.

However this is my second Batch of chicks. I had purchased them as pullets. However There is a problem. My smallest chick she has not only not grown at all. She has not at all developed Tail Feathers. I cant remember the exact pullet i purchased, but she was purchased along another one of the same kind. That one has her tail feathers and she is getting large. However this little one has not grown at all, Only now am i seeing just the tiniest bit of tail feathers. I did the Wing test to see and she appears female. But if there any other way to check?

Or is it just because she's so small she just hasn't grown any pin feathers at all?
(a picture of her)
View attachment 3638361
How old is she? I believe the minimum age for at least a (semi) accurate chick sexing is ~ a month.

How old is she? I believe the minimum age for at least a (semi) accurate chick sexing is ~ a month.
She's a week and four days old. I know by then I'll have a better knowledge of knowing if they are a roo or a hen but I want to be assured a little more now

Back
Top Bottom