Sexing show girls

Nimah

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2020
Someone wants to sell me these 14 week old show girls. They are not sexed but not cheap. I am not allowed to keep a roo so I really don’t want both to end up boys. What do you think?

Attachments

• 6A60C341-03E9-4FF8-8758-A74C057AA7A1.jpeg
    6A60C341-03E9-4FF8-8758-A74C057AA7A1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 00A52AAE-5EB2-4BDE-86C3-FD55D1110D4F.jpeg
    00A52AAE-5EB2-4BDE-86C3-FD55D1110D4F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
These look more like Silkie crosses to me. The comb on the white one is wrong. Without knowing their genetic history I can’t say for sure but they do both look like boys. The blue MIGHT be female but hard to say.

I'm new to Silkies (still waiting for mine to arrive), but I could tell right away they were both cockerels. I can't believe someone would sell those as "unsexed" and charge a lot for them on top. That's so wrong! You should report them!
Report them to who?? 🤣 Breeders have a right to charge whatever they want for their chickens. If you don’t like the price, find another breeder. I’ve bred these for over three years and they are very difficult to sex.

These look more like Silkie crosses to me. The comb on the white one is wrong. Without knowing their genetic history I can’t say for sure but they do both look like boys. The blue MIGHT be female but hard to say.
The red comb might have something to do with the Turken (naked neck) part of a showgirl. They are Silkie crosses. It’s a mix between a Silkie and a Turken (naked neck). They are in no way a pure Silkie.

Back
Top Bottom