Sexing your Silkies (PICTURES AND TIPS - Updated July-5-12)

Pics
12 weeks im thinking girl with the rounded crest but unsure about tail. help please?

So very helpful. we watch chicken tv every night after work till dark, such funny entertainment. Having fun guessing the sex of my 4 silkies.

I have 4 Silkies that are 8 weeks old. I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me gender or even just what color they are, they are all so funky looking. Out of Blue Splash Roo and White Hen. Thanks

#1-the smallest of the group

#3-The largest of the group

Hi! So I am new at having chickens and I incubated eggs and got 4 beautiful chickens!! 3 silkies and one serama. The serama is a male. But today after a week on vacation (they were watched) noticed one of my sikies comb is seemingly larger and slightly red. This one has always been larger then the other two. I wish I had better pictures but they live in a coop I made at my school and I go visit them to take care of them. Any ideas?
[/IMG][/IMG]

Any one have any thoughts as to gender of this little fluff ball...21 weeks old. I am thinking pullet at this point, but just wondering if experts out their think 'sneaky roo' ;). Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom