Sexing your Silkies (PICTURES AND TIPS - Updated July-5-12)

Pics
Hard to tell with the splash and black, and I am new to this as well, but with the straight front of the crown, and possible streamer beginnings, I think the white is probably a roo. My Roo tends to keep his head straight up and by 4 months I could see his comb starting to come out and he always looked like he just came out of a wind tunnel, his hair was always away from his face! Lol!! I have attached a few pictures of my roo for you to look at. Please don't take my opinion to heart, like I said, this is my first Silkie so I am just guessing based on what I noticed with mine! :) Dusty is about 6 months old. I hope this helps!

[/IMG]

Hi! Do you know the gender of the one on the left on the second pic and the one in the first? Thank you so much!

Hi, I would love some help with these two. We heard a possible crow from the darker one. Characteristics are the same but I don't rely on that as I have a Turken hen that acts 100% rooster, lol. Really hoping one is a hen as it has some physical differences, although slight.Thanks!

darker on right, Lighter on left.

darker

darker

lighter

lighter

Hi, I would love some help with these two. We heard a possible crow from the darker one. Characteristics are the same but I don't rely on that as I have a Turken hen that acts 100% rooster, lol. Really hoping one is a hen as it has some physical differences, although slight.Thanks! darker on right, Lighter on left. darker darker lighter lighter darker on right, Lighter on left. darker on right, Lighter on left.
Looks like you have a pair, darker looks male lighter female although to be sure of the lighter would need close up pics of the comb and side view pics as well

Back
Top Bottom