Sexing your Silkies (PICTURES AND TIPS - Updated July-5-12)

Pics
These two are the same age (hatched 10/2/15), they are supposed to be girls, yet I am starting to think the top one is a boy... He/she is bigger and has these "sticks" shooting up from the head. Thank you in advance!!!
1f609.png

I have 10 that were hatched the same day! Who told you they were supposed to be girls?? They are way to young to tell sex.

These two are the same age (hatched 10/2/15), they are supposed to be girls, yet I am starting to think the top one is a boy... He/she is bigger and has these "sticks" shooting up from the head. Thank you in advance!!!
1f609.png

They look girlie to me. Can you get a shot of their combs? They are beautiful.

So the kids said the ladies were making a funny noise when they came out of the coop. Sure enough... let then out and the smallest silkie crowed! It wasn't very loud...but now I'm worried. We are not allowed to have roosters!
Both were hatched the end of August. Any guesses??

So the kids said the ladies were making a funny noise when they came out of the coop. Sure enough... let then out and the smallest silkie crowed! It wasn't very loud...but now I'm worried. We are not allowed to have roosters! Both were hatched the end of August. Any guesses??
ROO

Back
Top Bottom