Sexing your Silkies (PICTURES AND TIPS - Updated July-5-12)

Pics

Approx 15 weeks old... pullets or cockerals?

Last one looks like a pullet-the other 2 look like cockerels

I have 4 silkie chicks a few days shy of 10 weeks old - only 1 has developed waddles and I'm wondering if this is a pretty sure sign of a roo or if you think there may still be hope. 3 of the 4 actually have more mohawk type crests rather than a round puff but these are hatchery birds (one doesn't even have any feathers on its legs). Let me know what you see :) A: B: C: D: E:
In the last picture it looks like 2 pullets and 1 cockerel.

I have 3 silkie babies that are almost 5 months old. I am sure they are all pullets but would like to hear from someone with more experience recognizing genders as one of my blacks has a. Stunning green sheen to "her" wing feathers. I have two bantam Cochin roosters of the same age in with them and none of the silkies are crowing at all. First picture is of all three.

Images 2-6 are of the little silkie with irradecent green feathers in it's wings. This is also the black that is to the right or rear of the splash silkie in the first image.

Images 7-9 are of the splash.

The last little one I am sure is a hen.

Can anyone help me with my blue silkie? I'm suspecting it's a roo which if it is I might just break down and cry. That would mean out of 5 chicks I had 4 roos. They are all approximately 14 weeks old now.

Here is the chick sandwiched between two that I know are roosters (crowing). The cute little pullet is in the back.

Here is a side profile.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom