Share any fall photos

yeah, I leave it. My grass is always greener than my neighbors farm. They've got a fancy leaf machine.
idunno.gif

yeah, I leave it. My grass is always greener than my neighbors farm. They've got a fancy leaf machine.
idunno.gif

My dad had one of those leaf vacuums on his riding mower and every year he would suck up all the fallen leaves on the front lawn. By the time I was in my teens, the soil in the front lawn was mostly just sterile dust and he could hardly get grass to grow on it. My Uncle tried to tell him over all those years that he ought to let the fallen leaves lie and provide mulch and nutrients for the soil.

Well, most of the fall colors have faded and blown away for us here in Colorado. Please feel free to share any other fall pics any of you may have.
big_smile.png
Or if you're having more winter than fall now, be sure to post on @Yorkshire coop 's new thread here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1051425/share-your-snow-scene-pictures#post_16086972

Same here in Montana. We've had a couple of snow flurries but nothing has really stuck yet at our elevation. There's a little snow on top of the foothills on the eastern edge of our place, and the Rockies on the west and south have lots of snow on top of them and make a beautiful backdrop. When we get our first decent snow here on the farm, I'll post some pics. :eek:)

Yeah all the trees are pretty much bare around here, almost winter!
highfive.gif

Same here in Montana. We've had a couple of snow flurries but nothing has really stuck yet at our elevation. There's a little snow on top of the foothills on the eastern edge of our place, and the Rockies on the west and south have lots of snow on top of them and make a beautiful backdrop. When we get our first decent snow here on the farm, I'll post some pics. :eek:)
We had 5 inches of snow today!
th.gif

I look froward to seeing your winter pics!

Back
Top Bottom