Share Your Candling Pics and Videos!

0.jpg

Shook this egg around and it didn't spin around and it has been like this for the past 4 or so days. i think it is dead, what do you think.
I think it might be stuck to the shell but that is odd since it has been on the turner just like every other egg.

0.jpg

This is a pekin duck egg that I've had in the incubator for a couple of weeks. I'm assuming it's dead, but I wanted to verify since I'm new to the whole egg thing.... Thanks!

Tammy

So I have eggs 10 days old. But I don't see them moving like the OP's. I mean sometimes I think they wiggle around or it might just be my hands because I have a disorder and my hands are not steady, so its hard to tell.

I don't have a proper flashlight and most eggs are brown. They are all dark inside and I can't see through them clearly. The air spot looks to be an alright size. They all seem mostly the same.

Any advice?

So I have eggs 10 days old. But I don't see them moving like the OP's. I mean sometimes I think they wiggle around or it might just be my hands because I have a disorder and my hands are not steady, so its hard to tell.

I don't have a proper flashlight and most eggs are brown. They are all dark inside and I can't see through them clearly. The air spot looks to be an alright size. They all seem mostly the same.

Any advice?

Get a stronger flashlight, it'll make incubating and candling waaaaay easier. The only eggs I have trouble with are Marans and olive eggs. I like being able to see so that I can remove dead ones before they go bad and explode

I started incubating on 4/3 also. I cracked this 8 day incubating egg open as it didn't seem to show veining or a moving black spot. The air cell looked funny. There was no heartbeat when cracked it open and it seemed like it was scrambled although maybe it was my imagination. It was a shipped egg.

Back
Top Bottom