Share Your Candling Pics and Videos!

Can I get an opinion on these pics please... Chicken eggs, day 2-4 on them, had 2 couldn't see anything through dark shells.

It's a bit Early to see anything and you may want to get a flashlight or two if you can't see into the egg right now it's hard to say if their is anything in them you will want to wait till day 7-10 before and veins start showing

Thank you. I should probably wait until it's darker outside as well, it was dusky when I tried earlier. Now to bite my fingernails until Monday night to try again.....

Does it mean anything when a hen lays in a different nest box than the one where the eggs are currently?

Thank you. I should probably wait until it's darker outside as well, it was dusky when I tried earlier. Now to bite my fingernails until Monday night to try again.....

Does it mean anything when a hen lays in a different nest box than the one where the eggs are currently?

sometimes if the hen that layed them has gone broody or not the broody hen will keep all other hens from sitting on her egg's and will causea fuss when her egg's are taken

We candled all the eggs out there tonight. Found one that we were positive had nothing in it, but the others we think we saw development in different stages. There's 22 pics that I took, will link to the album.
We could see some 'movement' or 'floating' in some of the eggs but it didn't show in the pictures. How do I get better pictures?

Eggs

We candled all the eggs out there tonight. Found one that we were positive had nothing in it, but the others we think we saw development in different stages. There's 22 pics that I took, will link to the album.
We could see some 'movement' or 'floating' in some of the eggs but it didn't show in the pictures. How do I get better pictures?

Eggs

it looks like you have at least 5 clears and another 6 or so that look a bit to be on the fence i don't want to say too much because you said these egg's where laid at different times so the development may be at different stages how is your broody?. but you are looking for veining and movement after 8-14 days movement is very clear pulsing of veins etc

When is this egg going to hatch?!????

I have lost count of how many days I have kept this egg (my friend gave this to me)and now I have no idea when it will hatch or even if it will ever hatch
1f62c.png
do you have any tips or info you can give to me on when it will hatch please...

When is this egg going to hatch?!????

I have lost count of how many days I have kept this egg (my friend gave this to me)and now I have no idea when it will hatch or even if it will ever hatch
1f62c.png
do you have any tips or info you can give to me on when it will hatch please...
well i don't know it looks very dark which is a good sign. Do you see movement or veins at all? what color is the egg?

No they haven't, there were in the nest box. From during the week last week. We kept hoping that one of the hens was getting ready to set and just slow getting started. They are now in our makeshift incubator, have no clue if it will do any good or not. :-(

Back
Top Bottom