Share your herbal/natural remedies, uses, and home made creations!

I use doterra oils...
Frankincense for a tooth ache. Peppermint for a belly ache (injest a drop or two), headache(rub on temples), and even a bug bit, eucalyptus for stuffyness, tea tree, Peppermint and frankincense on a cotton ball for an ear ache.... there's an oil for everything. Those are just most common ones I use.

I've been fighting poison ivy (hate that stuff!). It looks like a blemish on my leg became infected and appears to be cellulitis. I looked it up online and it can be very nasty if untreated. The usual treatment is oral antibiotics, which I prefer not to take, so I looked for alternatives.

Found a simple mixture of Tea Tree oil (antibiotic) and coconut oil (carrier) appears to be a good alternative, so I tried it. I started seeing a differences on day 2 of treatment and it is almost gone now on day 4. I'll keep using it for a few more days to insure it is entirely gone, but I'd rate this as a success!

Procedure:
Mix 2 drops of Tea Tree oil with 1 tsp of liquid coconut oil. Rub on the affected area twice/day. You can wipe off any remaining surface oil after 2-3 hours.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom