She faked me out!!!

Lainey-chick

Songster
May 7, 2022
I was out cleaning the coop and watched one of my 17 week old ISA Browns go into a nest box. I figured I would stick around and watch because as far as I know this would have been her first egg. She sat there for a long while. She picked at the bedding and loose feathers around her and put them on her back and around her. She stood up awhile, squatted, then looked under her. Finally she began singing the weirdest egg song I ever heard. I wish I had taken my phone with me to video it. I get so eggcited every time I find a new egg layer. I was grinning from ear to ear. :D

I went over and looked into the nests and to my shock I found nothing, except the golf balls I placed there. :( What the heck? :idunnoI guess she was just practicing for the real thing? Silly Chicken! 🐔

She did it! :weeShe was on the nest when I went in to clean this morning and when she got up there was a real egg this time!! Yay!

However, I noticed on my poop boards there were two small eggs beside each other that were just membranes, the shell hadn’t hardened. One of them was broken and the other intact. Do you think the same chicken laid both. I don’t see how two different chickens could have laid them so close together like that.

Back
Top Bottom