She's such a bully!! Help!!

Erin7738

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, Pa
We started with three baby chicks in April. One turned out to be a rooster so we were forced to find him a new home. :( We are now left with two girls and one seems to be bullying the other. She controls when the other leaves the coop, and if we spread a treat in the run area for them she quickly chases the her back inside the coop so she gets the treats to herself.
All we have are the two Leghorns, they are almost 18 weeks old. I'd love any advice!! Thank you!!

If you could get some more pullets of roughly the same age, it may ameliorate the bullying of the one girl.

I'm having a issue as well with my one 12 wk old hen. She pulled the feathers out the one timid hen enough to make her bleed. I removed the one to help her heal. I then put the timid one back. I removed the aggressive hen for 5 days because after I put her back in and she started pulling feathers out of all the others. I removed her again thinking she needed to know the peck order I'm at the point of what I should do.
I did notice the bully hen twitches her head a lot do you think there is such a thing as being nervous or health issues?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom