Shiitake Mushroom Farming on Logs at Earthen Acres

What are your favorite kind of mushrooms?

• Oyster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chicken of the woods

• Other

• Total voters
I have morel and chicken of the woods that grow naturally on our property. I actually used some of the chicken of the woods last year in a recipe. In years past, I just left it alone. Same with the morels. Wasn't sure if they were the true morels or the false morels, so did not eat them. Have been told by my son the morel hunter that they are true morels. Hope to find some this year as well. Also found some at one of the local state parks last year but left them alone because the signs say "do not remove anything from the state parks" or something to that effect. Later, someone told me that doesn't apply to the morels.
Nice. I've been thinking about giving growing morels a try...i have a lot of white pine and hemlock. Do the ones on your property grow near evergreen roots? On fallen trees?

FCEF7D59-9BCA-4619-94E4-0C8EF63D3C1D.jpeg

I found these today while I was walking down my driveway to get the mail. They are/ were growing out of some cracks in the driveway.
E1752974-BD2B-40C3-9686-07CB58ED7776.jpeg

Everybody! It has begun! I inoculated these logs 1 year and 1 month ago, and just found my first four mushrooms! Not exactly a huge haul but still, this is the most I have ever delayed gratification and boy does it feel good! Look at these delicious little suckers frying up.
20210603_183744.jpg

Back
Top Bottom