Shipped eggs very damaged

Although that isn't the worse shipment of eggs I have seen, ( I once had eggs shipped using bagels as packing material) that shipment was totally inadequate.

You do take a chance on shipping eggs but the seller should know how to ship eggs, what packing material to use.
The postal system is very hard on eggs, even when properly packed. When I order eggs, before I buy them, I ask how they package the eggs for shipping, if they don't use foam egg shipping material, I don't buy from them. In my experience, tissue paper, bubble wrap, sawdust are all inadequate shipping/packing material for eggs.

I'd ask her again to make things right! If not then small claims court might be an option!

Sorry for your frustrating experience. I agree, those eggs could have been packed better -- bubble wrap instead of tissue would have been a better choice. But I would take the 12 new eggs and let the matter go. Look for a different vender next time, or drive to pick up the eggs.

Shipped eggs are always dicey. It is extremely rare in my experience to get 100% viability from shipped eggs, no matter how well they are packed. I've gotten a few zero hatches from well packed eggs that arrived with no exterior cracks or damage (but with seriously messed up air cells). I've also had some good hatches with eggs that arrived in rough shape. There is a lot of luck with what kind of ride the postal service gave those eggs.

It is very possible her packaging method -- although not the best -- has worked well with other customers, but your eggs got an unusually rough ride.

I ship silkie and showgirl eggs (good hatch rates) for 25$ shipping and a dollar an egg. They aren't show quality but they are a beautiful variety. Anyways I think the packing job was absoluetly their fault. Terrible. You did not get what you paid for.

I'd send you some for shipping alone if you'd like? I just feel bad this happened to you. But I totally get if you were buying show quality for a reason.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231114-215127_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231114-215127_Gallery.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20231114-215134_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231114-215134_Gallery.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20231114-215155_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231114-215155_Gallery.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20231114-215218_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231114-215218_Gallery.jpg