Shipping chicks

I'm thinking I'm going to order from Meyers or my pet chicken as they seem to be the only 2 that check all my boxes. I was looking at Mt healthy but it doesn't seem I can get sexed chicks there

Sounds a little fishy to me. I would suggest that he either did not pick them up promptly or left them in the vehicle for a period of time.
Mark
Do you have a link to that thread? I probably will not be able to get any clues as to why they died, but I'd like to try.
Thread right here. He did everything correct, the fault is with Cackle. Read the review section on Saipan junglefowl on Cackle and you'll see this is a commonly reported issue

Mt Healthy is my go to hatchery. I live in Oregon so they're shipped clear across the country and haven't had a loss yet.
I had a great experience with Mt. Healthy this past May. I will definitely order from them again if I need to order chicks.
I was looking at Mt healthy but it doesn't seem I can get sexed chicks there
Really...? I was able to order all pullets, and I could order 1 of a breed if I wanted to (I did).

If you are looking for bantams, then you probably can't get them sexed. They're too tiny to vent sex safely, so hatcheries sell them straight run only.

Good luck!

I had a great experience with Mt. Healthy this past May. I will definitely order from them again if I need to order chicks.

Really...? I was able to order all pullets, and I could order 1 of a breed if I wanted to (I did).

If you are looking for bantams, then you probably can't get them sexed. They're too tiny to vent sex safely, so hatcheries sell them straight run only.

Good luck!
Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough on the website, I'll have to look again. I was looking at standard size fowl

Thread right here. He did everything correct, the fault is with Cackle. Read the review section on Saipan junglefowl on Cackle and you'll see this is a commonly reported issue
Thank you for that link. @Florida Bullfrog typically knows what's going on.

I read all those reviews. it seems Saipan Junglefowl don't do well in cold. Some other reviews said the chicks arrived OK but died later in colder weather. A coupe of shipments did arrive dead.

@Red Mangrove what specifically makes you think this shipment was Cackle's fault, that it wasn't a shipping problem?

I ordered from Meyer hatchery last year and all of my girls I got from them are beautiful and thriving! They came all the way from Ohio to me in California, there was one doa, but the rest were very healthy. I got 7 chicks from them last year of all different breeds and all were correctly sexed pullets.
The hen in your pfp is beautiful 😍 if you don't mind me asking, how much was your shipping?

Back
Top Bottom