should/can I clip wings

Sheenadel

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2015
My danish white geese do not want to stay in their pen...its a huge pen...lots of fresh grass...daily refilling of pool..grain daily...her nest is in the shed inclosed but they are used to free ranging it...I have never clipped their wings cause there was no need...now he is a brute cause she is laying eggs...penned them in about 2 weeks ago. .They fly over 2 or 3 times a day then come to the house and bully the yard...I am constantly chasing them back and have been bit by him a few times..He is not afraid of me at all unless I'm running at him full speed...will clipping wings make the escaping go away...how do you do it...
They are in a 5 ft fence right now..

My danish white geese do not want to stay in their pen...its a huge pen...lots of fresh grass...daily refilling of pool..grain daily...her nest is in the shed inclosed but they are used to free ranging it...I have never clipped their wings cause there was no need...now he is a brute cause she is laying eggs...penned them in about 2 weeks ago. .They fly over 2 or 3 times a day then come to the house and bully the yard...I am constantly chasing them back and have been bit by him a few times..He is not afraid of me at all unless I'm running at him full speed...will clipping wings make the escaping go away...how do you do it...
They are in a 5 ft fence right now..
wing-clipping_2.jpg
this is what I have gone by. I have Toulouse and a Buff that could easily make it over my fencing when up on the hill and we have a river down below us so they get their one wing clipped each year after molt. That should ground yours too.

Back
Top Bottom