Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Yay! I got one egg today and it made it into the kitchen
yesss.gif
So out of 5 this week I only got 3. Lesson learned. Although I will have to say that I feel sorry for the one that lost 19 and makes me feel better about my 1.

Maggie had a first
and so did we
found one in the run
and that makes three!

None of my girls have dropped an egg in the run before. I am getting pretty good at predicting first eggs and I knew maggie was going to go today. She was in and out of the nest box all day yesterday but I haven't had a chance to watch her much today. I went out at noon to see what was what and...nothing. I was walking back to the house when I noticed something in the run...ah ha! I've always been pretty paranoid about them eating eggs, this one was out in the run for a while, it was pretty dirty and stone cold. I had to wash it but although the color is totally uneven, the shell seems to be ok. Might be a bit thinner than normal, but close enough for government work. I washed it as gently as I could and put it with the rest. I've never washed an egg before....maybe we shouldn't take this one with us. Should probably eat it at home huh?

Maggie had a first
and so did we
found one in the run
and that makes three!

None of my girls have dropped an egg in the run before.  I am getting pretty good at predicting first eggs and I knew maggie was going to go today.  She was in and out of the nest box all day yesterday but I haven't had a chance to watch her much today.  I went out at noon to see what was what and...nothing.  I was walking back to the house when I noticed something in the run...ah ha!  I've always been pretty paranoid about them eating eggs, this one was out in the run for a while, it was pretty dirty and stone cold.  I had to wash it but although the color is totally uneven, the shell seems to be ok.  Might be a bit thinner than normal, but close enough for government work.  I washed it as gently as I could and put it with the rest.  I've never washed an egg before....maybe we shouldn't take this one with us.  Should probably eat it at home huh?

Yes, if the shell is thin it may not travel well. I knew you'd get 3 soon!

Back
Top Bottom