Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

My chicken hasn't read all the research so she doesn't know she's not supposed to lay more than one a day. She did, plain and simple. I check run and coop thoroughly several times a day so there is no way an egg escaped my attention. I am a maniac about it, just read back the last few weeks. Yesterday I got 4 brown eggs from my 3 brown egg layers. I know for a fact that one of them kicked out two eggs in one day. The second one was not good enough quality to keep but it was a step above a rubber egg, it did have some shell. Not a full thickness one. The part of the process that rakes the longest is shell formation so that makes sense.

Have fun cheeka! I hope you get your face painted!

That's great! Some will lay the night before and one 24 hours after they laid their last one. Who knows my yours is the happiest egg laying hen in the world. Wish I had one too.

That's great! Some will lay the night before and one 24 hours after they laid their last one. Who knows my yours is the happiest egg laying hen in the world. Wish I had one too.

I would have thought one came the night before and one the next day except I checked the coop and run carefully upon waking and collected the 2 eggs that were in the box. Then a couple hours later I came out to find a brown egg in the run that wasn't there earlier. Then later I saw one of the reds in the box and went out a while later and found yet another one in the box that was definitely not there before.

I know it sounds awesome but I don't really think it's healthy so I am hoping she just lays normally after this.

I would have thought one came the night before and one the next day except I checked the coop and run carefully upon waking and collected the 2 eggs that were in the box. Then a couple hours later I came out to find a brown egg in the run that wasn't there earlier. Then later I saw one of the reds in the box and went out a while later and found yet another one in the box that was definitely not there before.

I know it sounds awesome but I don't really think it's healthy so I am hoping she just lays normally after this.

Yes hopefully she does. Maybe she'll be your best one and is just getting ready lol.

Hey quickster! We are happy to wait w you!!! And the crazier you get waiting the more fun the rest of us have!!!! Lol!!!
Oh goody! I get to let my crazy show! No eggs yet. :( I only checked for eggs twice today. If I make myself not care, I'm sure I'll get some eggs. I really want to buy an egg skelter but I'm afraid that will make them wait longer. I just have a feeling it will be a couple more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom