Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Oh and fill me in on what or who is Roger and ok? I'm new!!
You have to read this thread from the beginning (if you have a month of free time). Ok started this thread in waiting for his chickens to lay and Rodger is his BR who doesn't know she's suppose to actually lay an egg!!

You have to read this thread from the beginning (if you have a month of free time). Ok started this thread in waiting for his chickens to lay and Rodger is his BR who doesn't know she's suppose to actually lay an egg!!

Yes I tried to go back to the beginning but it was taking too long! I don't have that kind of time or patience. But it sounds funny! (and familiar)

Quote: Back in March/April I was trying to get rid of 24 dozen fresh eggs. The church I had attended that morning was having a Breakfast with the Easter Bunny in 2 weeks. They didn't want free eggs. I am not kidding, people. It is hard to get rid of eggs.

If I had 8 dozen eggs I didn't want, I would give them to Roger so she could trick OK into thinking she was laying 2-3 a day. Then it would be legally Charlotte's web and she could never be on the meat bird list...
HA HA

Quote: While most chickens will lay through a storm, yes. The storm can keep your flock from laying. So can the temperature being 78.9* instead of 78.8*. They can find any reason to not lay.

I am now going into hiding for the next several days. DH will be home soon, and it is our anniversary. Heck. Even without our anniversary, husband + Harley = I am gone!
bun.gif

RED RED RED wattles and combs everywhere clucking up a blue streak but no pretty brown eggs YET!! 17.5 weeks this being patient is for the **** birds LOL
Just hang in there. Mine turned beat red and clucked up a storm for at least two weeks before anything happened. The first egg was barely larger than a quarter but you should have seen me dancing around like a fool. Now they cluck all morning and I just ignore them until mid afternoon when I go out to gather my 18-20 eggs each day. Your time will come. What breed(s) do you have?

Back
Top Bottom