Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Just took a break to drop in and say
home is on the horizon- we're on our way!
While the family and I are on our long drive
The girls decided to pitch in and today they laid five!

Today they laid five! (Out of 6)

Cheeka put the camera in a container of rice and it'll suck any moisture that might have gotten in any cracks.

W4W- hugs!!! It hasn't been a good week for chickens here... Rip spot!!!

Lindz-yay on the electric!!!

Mortie-safe travels!!

Nuttyboo-it'll happen!!! One day... Haha! It'll drive you crazy!!!

JW and PM- yay on the eggs!!

Jchny- good to hear from you and so glad dad is doing better.

Hi to everyone else!!!

Congrats on your Unexpected Hopefully Super Broody lindz! now you'll know she's reliable and it's no fluke! speaking of reliable... Gossamer's living up to her breed. she's been glued all day, so I checked on her this afternoon, she had one egg (laid today) that she nearly took my hand off protecting! so I brought out the 5 that I'd been saving. she's sitting on all 6 in this photo. I love this fluffy delightful little hen! all of the eggs are hers, so all bantam Silkie crosses that I believe were sired by Red the bantam RIR who loves her so dearly.

11 Eggs today, and 10 in the basket. have to make a note to remind me to bring eggs for the post master tuesday.

Last edited:
Congrats on your Unexpected Hopefully Super Broody lindz! now you'll know she's reliable and it's no fluke! speaking of reliable... Gossamer's living up to her breed. she's been glued all day, so I checked on her this afternoon, she had one egg (laid today) that she nearly took my hand off protecting! so I brought out the 5 that I'd been saving. she's sitting on all 6 in this photo. I love this fluffy delightful little hen! all of the eggs are hers, so all bantam Silkie crosses that I believe were sired by Red the bantam RIR who loves her so dearly.

11 Eggs today, and 10 in the basket. have to make a note to remind me to bring eggs for the post master tuesday.
She is so cute and love her name! You gotta very serious looking broody there.

Lindz, I have a friend who has a broody golden comet. She has gone broody several times in the last few months, go figure.

Made it home. I drove from 5 pm til 7 am without taking a nap or anything before. Now I am kinda tired. Looked in on the girls. There is water in the nest boxes and they dumped their food. Nice welcome back. Since we arrived home at 7 there was a warm egg waiting for me so that was nice.

The whole trip is...17 or so hours...hubby did like 5 and I did the rest. Then I had to tend to chickens and corals we brought home. I'm feeling zonked.

Last edited:
mortie, Welcome Home! glad you made it safe and sound! I see illusions when I drive for that long which make me startle easily. I'll perceive a dog, or a cow or a bear... in the road, but it's a bush or a sign in reality. Hope you have a great big omelet for your first meal at home!!

I'm heading outside to spend some time with the flock. it's nice out, so I'm going to make the most of the day. most of Relaxing, that is!!!

Back
Top Bottom