Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I had been planning on moving my chickens back to the big coop tonight. Since I only pulled the rest of my vegetables yesterday, I decided to give the girls a few days of eating whatever was left behind, and tilling and fertilizing the garden. Somehow one girl got out yesterday, and I don't know how. Well, the neighbor came to my door half an hour ago to alert me to all six being in her yard. THE MOMENT I spoke, all six came running to me!!
ep.gif
I have never gotten this reaction from them! I had to go back in to change, and when I came back out, all six ran after me straight into their old coop. I guess God has other plans for my week, and He knew I needed to move them tonight. I'm thinking that Jaz must be coming tomorrow, and staying through the week. I can't move them when she's here (the sun goes down too soon!) and the temperatures will be below freezing by the end of the week.
hit.gif

I had been planning on moving my chickens back to the big coop tonight. Since I only pulled the rest of my vegetables yesterday, I decided to give the girls a few days of eating whatever was left behind, and tilling and fertilizing the garden. Somehow one girl got out yesterday, and I don't know how. Well, the neighbor came to my door half an hour ago to alert me to all six being in her yard. THE MOMENT I spoke, all six came running to me!!
ep.gif
I have never gotten this reaction from them! I had to go back in to change, and when I came back out, all six ran after me straight into their old coop. I guess God has other plans for my week, and He knew I needed to move them tonight. I'm thinking that Jaz must be coming tomorrow, and staying through the week. I can't move them when she's here (the sun goes down too soon!) and the temperatures will be below freezing by the end of the week.
hit.gif

That seems like a really easy move! You lucked out there. I can't believe you are expecting such low temps. We are having above average temps here, 91 today. I still have tomatoes coming! Give Jaz an extra squeeze from me.
smile.png

good morning everyone - thought I'd pop on quickly, it's been kind of nice to be unplugged, but my special friend came up yesterday and bemoaned the lack of ability to check football stats. so I set the computer back up. I had literally removed the entire setup and stowed it under my bed. I should have put it away last night when he left, but I didn't. it's harder to resist when it's sitting here...

I read "All the Light We Cannot See" over the weekend. my Mom sent it to me months ago, and both Rocky's parents (the dog I babysat for in August) read it and so I knew I better get going before the badgering started. it's beautifully written. go to the library and borrow a copy!

I had sausage in the freezer from a year ago, and pie crusts from two years ago. Not in need of either (I make my own crusts, and don't like sausage) I decided to make a couple of quiches a few days ago.
This morning I gave Jaz a corn muffin and nuked a piece of death. I really didn't think she'd eat sausage. Guess who ate my breakfast after decimating the corn muffin? Would you believe she won't eat any eggs for anyone else? Even the fresh eggs from the neighbor. I guess my eggs are special.

I had sausage in the freezer from a year ago, and pie crusts from two years ago. Not in need of either (I make my own crusts, and don't like sausage) I decided to make a couple of quiches a few days ago.
This morning I gave Jaz a corn muffin and nuked a piece of death. I really didn't think she'd eat sausage. Guess who ate my breakfast after decimating the corn muffin? Would you believe she won't eat any eggs for anyone else? Even the fresh eggs from the neighbor. I guess my eggs are special.

Your eggs are special because she gets to see where they come from. Just glad she likes them cooked too, not just gnawing on raw ones in the shell.
big_smile.png

good morning everyone - thought I'd pop on quickly, it's been kind of nice to be unplugged, but my special friend came up yesterday and bemoaned the lack of ability to check football stats. so I set the computer back up. I had literally removed the entire setup and stowed it under my bed. I should have put it away last night when he left, but I didn't. it's harder to resist when it's sitting here...

I read "All the Light We Cannot See" over the weekend. my Mom sent it to me months ago, and both Rocky's parents (the dog I babysat for in August) read it and so I knew I better get going before the badgering started. it's beautifully written. go to the library and borrow a copy!

That must be a new book. There are almost 400 holds for it at the library. Guess I'll have to get in line! Fortunately they have lots of copies.

Back
Top Bottom