Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Getting settled finally.
It's a mess but at least it's an organized chaos.
Even with a huge storage, which isn't totally full, we have too much stuff here. Gotta go through tons of totes that should be in storage, but we ran out of time, faster to drag it next door...
Wrangler's room is all finished, decorated...she's a happy little girl, despite someone trying to turn her life upside down. My girl comes first!
Does she have Easter break next week? That's when ours is. One kid left in school, junior year. Older one decided he wanted to work, so full time for him.

Happy Easter :bun
071191b96ec782620fb02a8e3cab9c93.jpg

I looked in on my chicks yesterday and I have a few suspects but still nothing firm enough to kill anyone over. About another week and I'll definitely be able to pick out some boys and get rid of those. Of my 2 ameracaunas I am fairly certain I have a pair. Some of the marans have slightly bigger combs but they're all pretty yellow still. I need to see some pink...

I looked in on my chicks yesterday and I have a few suspects but still nothing firm enough to kill anyone over. About another week and I'll definitely be able to pick out some boys and get rid of those. Of my 2 ameracaunas I am fairly certain I have a pair. Some of the marans have slightly bigger combs but they're all pretty yellow still. I need to see some pink...
I hope you get plenty of pullets!

I think I have more pullets than cockerels, I only see like 4 that I definitely think are but I am waiting a little bit longer for time to put a bigger distance between the girls and the boys...then some of them have got to go. I have a live feed on them and can watch them from the house and it's getting feisty in there.

I think I have more pullets than cockerels, I only see like 4 that I definitely think are but I am waiting a little bit longer for time to put a bigger distance between the girls and the boys...then some of them have got to go. I have a live feed on them and can watch them from the house and it's getting feisty in there.
How fun!

I do think there are more boys hiding in there but I'm just waiting on some of the ones with the weird combs to either pink up or not. The pea combs I am okay with and the straight combs should be easy for anyone I would think.

Back
Top Bottom