Should I stop turning?

It does depend on the paper towels. Expensive paper towels have more texture and work better, but not many people buy the premium brands, so I usually advise against them. Both paper towels and cloth towels may absorb the water, which would be bad, which is why shelf liner works well. It has the holes and a grippy surface to help the chicks learn to walk.

Sometimes you do the best you can with what you have, though.
Am not currently home right now but I'll try to remember if I have any of the stuff you guys recommend to put under the eggs.

It does depend on the paper towels. Expensive paper towels have more texture and work better, but not many people buy the premium brands, so I usually advise against them. Both paper towels and cloth towels may absorb the water, which would be bad, which is why shelf liner works well. It has the holes and a grippy surface to help the chicks learn to walk.

Sometimes you do the best you can with what you have, though.
Can't seem to find any window screen or shelf liner but can I use a zip lock bag To put under the eggs? If I can't is there anything else I can put under the eggs? If not I'll just buy a window screen or shelf liner and I really don't want to do that but I'll do anything for the quails eggs.

Can't seem to find any window screen or shelf liner but can I use a zip lock bag To put under the eggs? If I can't is there anything else I can put under the eggs? If not I'll just buy a window screen or shelf liner and I really don't want to do that but I'll do anything for the quails eggs.
Do NOT use a ziplock bag. You want a rough surface so they can walk on it without slipping and tearing a tendon.

Grippy shelf liner is the best stuff that I've found, but you want something that their feet won't slip through and rough enough that they won't slip on it.

Do you have cheese cloth by any chance a few layers of that would work.

You want something like this, but you can get it for much, much cheaper at the dollar store, Wallmart, etc.
So I just found some shelf liner in my kitchen drawers I didn't realize it was shelf liner until now will it be good?

Attachments

• 20240404_174729.jpg
    20240404_174729.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 11
So I just found some shelf liner in my kitchen drawers I didn't realize it was shelf liner until now will it be good?
That looks like it will work. You'll want to get something to replace the stuff you take from your drawers since you won't want to put it back in there after the chicks have been pooping on it.

That looks like it will work. You'll want to get something to replace the stuff you take from your drawers since you won't want to put it back in there after the chicks have been pooping on it.
Just put the shelf liner in I also candled the eggs sadly two eggs died I saw no veins and no movement inside the eggs I'm not a 100% sure if there died but I think they are.

Attachments

• 20240404_195709.jpg
    20240404_195709.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240404_195830.jpg
    20240404_195830.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240404_195912.jpg
    20240404_195912.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 9
Yeah, those two eggs look dead to me.

Some of these videos show not only the live embryos but eggs on the same day that have stopped developing.
4 just Hatched I think the rest of the eggs will hatch tomorrow or later this day

Attachments

• 20240408_164216.jpg
    20240408_164216.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240408_161315_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_161315_Messages.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom