Should I treat this like angel wing?

Colley12

Songster
Aug 26, 2022
Oregon
Hi just wondering if I should treat this like angel wing and wrap it? It's been this way for about a week. A posted a few weeks back, when he would let it droop and then bring it back up into position. It doesn't droop as often now, but when he has it up, it always sits to the outside of the ones on his back, not tucked under like the other side.

He is a blue runner, 10 weeks old.
20220921_130635.jpg

Do you think he injured it some how?
I'm not sure, I looked back at photos and it had been droopy even before the first day I noticed it. I've been watching it over the last week. It doesn't stick out like angel wing, only occasionally after he ruffles his feathers. But it never lies underneath those top ones. He doesn't seek bothered by it, he eats, drinks, zooms/swims in the pool, stretch out his feathers when he stands up after laying down.

Not sure if wrapping would help... I guess it also wouldn't make it worse :idunno

They let me hang out with them, right next to them, but panic when we have to pick one up, so didn't really want to go through the process of catching him if it would work itself out. But starting to think that's not going to happen. So I thought I would ask all you wonderful duck owners first.

I can’t see it hurting to give it a try. He may have hurt it at some point. I keep a wire dog crate in my coop for over night time out and the other morning found my runner behind it with her wing stuck in the crate slat how in the works she managed that is beyond me but thankfully she wasn’t hurt. But they can get themselves in some weird places to get hurt.

I can’t see it hurting to give it a try. He may have hurt it at some point. I keep a wire dog crate in my coop for over night time out and the other morning found my runner behind it with her wing stuck in the crate slat how in the works she managed that is beyond me but thankfully she wasn’t hurt. But they can get themselves in some weird places to get hurt.
Silly ducks, I totally think something like that could of happened. I think I may try wrapping just that wing tonight and see if it stays on. I should prob only do small amount of water in their pool, right if his wing is wrapped? Wrap for one week and see how it goes?

Back
Top Bottom