Show Girl x Mille Fluer D'uccle traits?

JK93

Chirping
Sep 12, 2022
What traits/appearance would a Paint Show Girl Silkie x Mille fluer D'uccles create? This is just out of curiosity at this point as my Mille Fluer chick has began crowing and I plan to keep him with my buff and paint Silkie/Show girl ladies.

What traits/appearance would a Paint Show Girl Silkie x Mille fluer D'uccles create? This is just out of curiosity at this point as my Mille Fluer chick has began crowing and I plan to keep him with my buff and paint Silkie/Show girl ladies.
Is your Showgirl bowtie or clean?

Attachments

• 20221104_172220.jpg
    20221104_172220.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 4
Paint is genetically one copy of dominant white on an otherwise solid black bird; generally, solid black is dominant over patterns, including Mille Fleur. So for feather coloration, they should produce half black offspring and half paint offspring, both with varying amounts of gold or red color leakage possible. With the Buff females, their offspring should all look similar to Buff, possibly slightly darker a shade and with some dark tail and wing feathers. All offspring from either cross will also carry a mottling gene from their father and a silkie-feathered gene from their mothers, but these are recessive genes so they will not express them.

Your pictured Showgirl carries one naked neck gene, so only half of her offspring with a fully feathered male will be naked neck like her, the other half fully feathered. The offspring from her or the Buff females should also be darker skinned like their mothers and have an extra toe on at least one foot if not both. They likely will have a small crest and a small beard as well. Their combs should be similar to their mother's as the genes that make walnut combs (what Silkies and Showgirls are supposed to have) are dominant over the father's single comb genes. I think that covers just about everything to expect from them visually. 🙂

Paint is genetically one copy of dominant white on an otherwise solid black bird; generally, solid black is dominant over patterns, including Mille Fleur. So for feather coloration, they should produce half black offspring and half paint offspring, both with varying amounts of gold or red color leakage possible. With the Buff females, their offspring should all look similar to Buff, possibly slightly darker a shade and with some dark tail and wing feathers. All offspring from either cross will also carry a mottling gene from their father and a silkie-feathered gene from their mothers, but these are recessive genes so they will not express them.

Your pictured Showgirl carries one naked neck gene, so only half of her offspring with a fully feathered male will be naked neck like her, the other half fully feathered. The offspring from her or the Buff females should also be darker skinned like their mothers and have an extra toe on at least one foot if not both. They likely will have a small crest and a small beard as well. Their combs should be similar to their mother's as the genes that make walnut combs (what Silkies and Showgirls are supposed to have) are dominant over the father's single comb genes. I think that covers just about everything to expect from them visually. 🙂

Thank you!!! Genetics are very interesting with chickens, I'll definitely need to brush up before I make any attempt to hatch chicks haha.

Back
Top Bottom