Show me your cockerels!!!!

Pics
Thank you!

The Speckled Sussex bantams are hard to find. I located a breeder within driving distance, but the chicks, while pretty, aren't close to standard. I love them anyway.

There's a show quality breeder in Florida with whom I have corresponded, and who's been a big help in choosing the best cockerels to keep (I had 7!), and understanding what my breeding goal, long-term, could be. I'd like to help improve the breed.

If I get some good looking chicks next year I am going to try to breed the best to the best.

THIS is a prize-winner, NOT MINE...
View attachment 3646217
Isn't he gorgeous?!? :love
He's beautiful! Almost looks like a snow globe, I'm already getting excited for Christmas can you tell? 🤣

Thank you!

The Speckled Sussex bantams are hard to find. I located a breeder within driving distance, but the chicks, while pretty, aren't close to standard. I love them anyway.

There's a show quality breeder in Florida with whom I have corresponded, and who's been a big help in choosing the best cockerels to keep (I had 7!), and understanding what my breeding goal, long-term, could be. I'd like to help improve the breed.

If I get some good looking chicks next year I am going to try to breed the best to the best.

THIS is a prize-winner, NOT MINE...
View attachment 3646217
Isn't he gorgeous?!? :love
Yeah, the Bantam version of the breed is hard to find! That’s awesome! I like when I can find birds that are in driving distance. Mine were not bred to the Standard either.

That’s super nice! I am hoping to find somebody like that near me, as I am hoping to start breeding them to the standard and improving the breed too!

Ooooo, you’ll have to keep me updated on that! I’m super excited to see what they will look like. I hope it works out!

:eek::bow:love
Wow…… HE’S GORGEOUS!! That definitely looks like a prize winner to me!
:lau You wish it was yours (that’s okay, I wish it was mine too).

Here are a few of my Speckled Sussex cockerels. Sorry, they are not the best pictures I’ve taken 😅. Just ignore some of the messes in the background of the last 2:oops:

Attachments

• IMG_5417.jpeg
    IMG_5417.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5437.jpeg
    IMG_5437.jpeg
    947 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5458.jpeg
    IMG_5458.jpeg
    912.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5469.jpeg
    IMG_5469.jpeg
    963 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6620.jpeg
    IMG_6620.jpeg
    801.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6605.jpeg
    IMG_6605.jpeg
    865.2 KB · Views: 5
Yeah, the Bantam version of the breed is hard to find! That’s awesome! I like when I can find birds that are in driving distance. Mine were not bred to the Standard either.

That’s super nice! I am hoping to find somebody like that near me, as I am hoping to start breeding them to the standard and improving the breed too!

Ooooo, you’ll have to keep me updated on that! I’m super excited to see what they will look like. I hope it works out!

:eek::bow:love
Wow…… HE’S GORGEOUS!! That definitely looks like a prize winner to me!
:lau You wish it was yours (that’s okay, I wish it was mine too).

Here are a few of my Speckled Sussex cockerels. Sorry, they are not the best pictures I’ve taken 😅. Just ignore some of the messes in the background of the last 2:oops:
Yours look better than mine, nice dark saddles.

Back
Top Bottom