Show me your cross breeds! Pictures!

kambrose

Chirping
Apr 15, 2015
Southern Utah
I am hoping to get different pictures of breeds. would like to have it documented since I cant really find this anywhere else.

What is the name of this breed? What are they crossed with? What egg color goes with that cross?
Before and after pictures( chick to adult )?

For example.
Blue Ameracauna x barred rock looks like what? :)

I am very curious in the Easter Eggers and Olive eggers. There are so many different colors in the Ameracuana and curious what each looks like bred with other breeds.

Thanks! :D

Merlin my Copper Maran / Barred Rock Rooster.. He's awesome with the ladies.. Plus when I introduced new 9 week old chicks ro the flock he'd round up the hens and not let them bully the new ones.. He's not lost a flock member yet and the free range a lot

I have a 2 month old cross between a Cuckoo Maran and Black Australorp. I was hoping it was a girl but the comb is getting bigger than the others so I assume it is a boy. I have a Black Copper Maran cross with a Black Australorp too. Wasn't wanting two roosters but I'll see about keeping them to help out poor 'ole Sambo (Black Australorp/daddy) help tend to the 35 gals. He's needing some help. I have the Black Australorp (rooster) cross with Barred Rocks and Dominiques and can't tell them apart. The Dominiques didn't retain their natural comb, they have the single comb. There were 4 Dominique eggs and 2 Cuckoo Marans that hatched and they all look the same. Can't tell who is who.

Update: 7/24/15 The Black Copper Maran rooster was just 2 months old when he began mounting the gals and crowing! I let them out today with the big chickens and he was even chasing and trying to mount an adult Easter Egger. Sambo better get him in line quick or me stud baby rooster is going to take over the gals! :)

Last edited:
I just hatched my first chicks using the incubator. All are off our lavender Ameraucana Rooster... This one's momma was our Silver Duckwing Phoenix.. Can't wait to see how it turns out!! Super puffy muffs!!

My Black Copper Maran/Black Australorp mix rooster is the fastest maturing rooster I've ever seen. At 7 weeks he was crowing. At 8 weeks he was trying to mount his "litter" mates. At 9 weeks he has been mating the "older women" (1.5 years old) and accomplishing the task quite nicely. The mature rooster, Sambo, is catching on to his competition and taking his gals and has nailed him a few times. Plus a few of the "cougar" hens have nailed him too. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom