Show me your quail pens!!!

Here's my new aviary! I plan on adding a water feature but quail are pretty stupid.... possibly making it 6in deep at most? And pretty small with a small waterfall like fountain on the side? It would be neat to keep clean fresh water to my birds all the time... turning it off and emptying it in winter to keep someone from freezing to death sounds smart.... any ideas?

After reading the last few posts in this thread, I wouldn't dare go much deeper than 2 inches or so. Of course the risk of them running right into it and drowning isn't that big if we are talking a 1x2 ft pond in an aviary that big, but it wouldn't make much sense to make a 1x2 ft pond 6 inches deep anyway. And with them living in an aviary, you might get lucky and have one go broody - even a 2 inch deep pond would be a death trap to baby quail.

Awesome aviary by the way!

Last edited:

Here's my new aviary! I plan on adding a water feature but quail are pretty stupid.... possibly making it 6in deep at most? And pretty small with a small waterfall like fountain on the side? It would be neat to keep clean fresh water to my birds all the time... turning it off and emptying it in winter to keep someone from freezing to death sounds smart.... any ideas?

Wow they're going to be super happy there - look at all the room
1f917.png
!!

My quail poo in their food boxes and also where they decide to sleep so I would imagine poo would get into the water feature xD

Maybe one of those small rock fountains?? Then there's running water with the sound and motion with no deep pool for them to risk drowning/pooping in?
1f61c.png

I know this thread really isnt for this, but i cannot find standard sized coturnix quail hatching eggs anywhere and figured I would reach out on here; Does anyone sell or know of someone who sells standard size coturnix quail hatching eggs?

I know stromberg chickens does, but they charge you an arm and a leg for the eggs...

Last edited:
I know this thread really isnt for this, but i cannot find standard sized quail hatching eggs anywhere and figured I would reach out on here; Does anyone sell or know of someone who sells standard size quail hatching eggs?

I know stromberg chickens does, but they charge you an arm and a leg for the eggs...

Standard size quail eggs? I'm selling Valley and Gambel quail eggs off of my website. $2 each...I think that is a screaming deal. Oh, any orders over $50 and shipping is FREE. I ship via USPS 2 day air. However, these breeds don't lay year round like some others do. I will start shipping eggs mid-April to July.

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:
Stormberg chickens has to charge more because they have independent suppliers that supply and ship their quail eggs. Stormberg Chickens have to get their cut which is why their prices ar a little bit high.

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:

I just finished my quail cages. The inside 2'x4' stacking cage was done last November but I just finished the outside 2'x2' addition today. Now the quail can get some fresh air on nice days.

Back
Top Bottom