maryland
A FEW MONTHS AGO

45605_new_chicken_and_guinea_pig_pics_253.jpg

NOW

45605_new_chicken_and_guinea_pig_pics_487.jpg

45605_new_chicken_and_guinea_pig_pics_486.jpg

THANKS
I WILL POST PICS OF THE BABIES THEY ARE DUE JUNE 2

thank you so much i get him being pretty makes up for the bite he gave me down to the bone...i know where they come up with the term "
tongue.png
killer rabbit"

Last edited:
YESSSS! (although the front foot is back just a little too much in the pics. His toe should be right about in a line with his eye, and his elbow flat on the table.) I just love the way broken black looks on a Mini Rex, it's my favorite color for the breed.

Youch! Sorry to hear about the bite. Mini Rex claws are wicked, but a rabbit that really uses his teeth on you is no joke! Most rabbits aren't that cranky - any idea why he did it?

he was fighting with the male for the female!!oouch did that hurt and after 3 months and antibiotics i still have a bad scar...and bump

I hate when my bucks fight. usually its when im cleaning cages and let the brats hop around the room one at a time. they run over to th other buck's cage and start boxing through the bars. I was bitten three times before i got smart enough to use a towel
big_smile.png

Oh, well. Better luck next time!

A fellow Harlequin breeder had this jr. buck that she had already sold, but she wanted to get a few shows on him before she sent him to his new owner. Harlies are a tough breed, and not many people show them, so I decided to help her out a little. I had a couple of jr. bucks that were showable, so I entered them in a triple show that we both were attending - figuring to give him something to beat. Those three bucks were the only Japanese junior bucks entered at that show, and at the end of the day, each of those boys had placed first once, second once, and third once! One of my boys even got a GC leg out of that show, because the judge also chose him Best Opposite of Variety. As I remember, though, the same doe won Best of Breed under all three judges, so at least there was some uniformity of opinion (hardly surprising, that doe was amazing!)

he is nice looking rabbit. better luck next time. just treat this is a learning experience you will get better at breeding and showing them. Really listen to what the judges have to say about them too. It will help you out with your breeding program. In a couple of years you will be able to tell what has good body type shoulers coat, etc. I have been breeding and showing rabbits for many years now and I am still learning!
smile.png

Oh well, he is very prety, good markings and nice looking body. He looks a little long in the shoulders though. I show and raise Mini Rexes and some of mine have very bad places from some judges and very good ones from others. It mainly depends on the judges.

Back
Top Bottom