Show off your baby chicks!

We've only had these things a week, and we're already upgrading the brooder. The big $20 tub from Walmart doubles their space. Wings are forming well enough that they will be able to "jump" out of the tub in short order. A leftover hunk of ClosetMaid shelving should fit the bill ... and will keep the cat out should she bolt into the basement. She knows we are up to something down there, and is determined to find out what.

Sooo, I can't figure out how to load more than one picture per post, but I can't resist uploading some of my new babies. This is Charlie. She's a golden laced polish and by far the largest chick we have. She's a friendly little thing that likes to be held and always clocks her head to peek up at me when I walk in the room. I have a feeling she will he the comic relief.

This Bantam EE is so precious! I originally named her Bunny because I thought it'd be a cute name for a white chick, but now every time I look at her face, she reminds me of a little dragon. I'm thinking about naming her Dracarys after Game Of Thrones
1f913.png

HELP!! One of our bantams (one week old) is lifting one leg like it hurts and won't walk on it. I can't see anything obviously wrong with it. What should I do for it?

HELP!! One of our bantams (one week old) is lifting one leg like it hurts and won't walk on it. I can't see anything obviously wrong with it. What should I do for it?

Please post in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures section of the forum. Please provide as much info as you can. It could be as simple as the chick stretching (although not the case if it's stuck) or something more serious.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Last edited:
I made up a dusting bowl for the girls, home soils mixed with a bit of wood ash. What'd they do....
Ate it, the lil piggy's. Their feeder is almost full so it's not that their hungry....

Back
Top Bottom