Hello, everyone! I have thirty-four chickens, although I wish to first introduce my rooster, Phoenix. He is my flockmaster, and he is a Cochin/Ameraucana hybrid. I am unsure of who his parents were, since we purchased him from a backyard breeder. We originally got him because we wanted a rooster who could fertilize the hens' eggs in case we wanted to hatch eggs of our own. However, we quickly learned that Phoenix did not know how to breed properly, so he rarely fertilizes anything. Now he is just for his appearance and funny personality!

Phoenix Picture.png

Hello, everyone! I have thirty-four chickens, although I wish to first introduce my rooster, Phoenix. He is my flockmaster, and he is a Cochin/Ameraucana hybrid. I am unsure of who his parents were, since we purchased him from a backyard breeder. We originally got him because we wanted a rooster who could fertilize the hens' eggs in case we wanted to hatch eggs of our own. However, we quickly learned that Phoenix did not know how to breed properly, so he rarely fertilizes anything. Now he is just for his appearance and funny personality!

View attachment 3586090
he is so pretty

View attachment 3586090
He is gorgeous!!

No pictures, but had to share. I have had chickens, on and off, for almost 30 years. Mostly hens. Last few years, I got some (unexpected) roosters. But, with that, I did my first ever, DIY incubator hatch. Out of 8 eggs, got 5 chicks. That was an exhausting, yet amazing experience. Now I have a broody hen, and decided to let her sit. Mostly for the hen hatching experience. She is doing amazing and sitting on 6 (candle confirmed) eggs. Current count: 7 hens and 5 roosters, with potential of 18 chickens. Love the chickens. Narrowing down roo's to two. Who knows how many roo's I'll get with new hatch coming on Aug 4th. People always posted about 'chicken math'. I get it now.

Back
Top Bottom