katelyn19

Chirping
Apr 30, 2017
I have the chance to buy a call drake out of exhibition lines, but i didn’t know if he was more pet quality or if he was breeder/show quality and was wondering if anyone could tell me before I purchase him? I already have pet quality ducks and want to work towards show quality. Thanks

Attachments

• 16CF4474-B1D3-4FEB-98BD-AB633CA4D4C2.png
    16CF4474-B1D3-4FEB-98BD-AB633CA4D4C2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
His body looks a little long, but if he's young he may just not be filled out yet.

You do know, you can show any of them. (as long as they are purebred) Then based on the results of the show start to pick and choose which ones to keep in the breeding program and which ones to eliminate. Show season is over here summers are just too hot - but depending where you are there may be plenty around. Go to the shows. See what is there - and with any luck someone will post for sales - especially the youth projects. They tend to get rid of their show projects rapidly favoring one over another.
Good luck!

FWIW - This is the body type you are looking for: (not my bird or pic)
1624533133349.png

His body looks a little long, but if he's young he may just not be filled out yet.

You do know, you can show any of them. (as long as they are purebred) Then based on the results of the show start to pick and choose which ones to keep in the breeding program and which ones to eliminate. Show season is over here summers are just too hot - but depending where you are there may be plenty around. Go to the shows. See what is there - and with any luck someone will post for sales - especially the youth projects. They tend to get rid of their show projects rapidly favoring one over another.
Good luck!

View attachment 2732605
Thank you so much! I might just find some shows and see what I can find. I used to show rabbits, and started with pet quality and had to build up to show quality so I was just trying to possibly start out with a little better quality l

Good luck!

View attachment 2732605
Thank you so much! I have 7 2 month calls and 4 one month calls that I may just take some to the state fair in August and see what the judge has to say about them and go from there. Maybe someone will some that I can get while I’m there lol. Thank you again for responding.

Attachments

• 9ADBDCE6-1216-471C-AC71-37F316B79891.jpeg
    9ADBDCE6-1216-471C-AC71-37F316B79891.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
I have the chance to buy a call drake out of exhibition lines, but i didn’t know if he was more pet quality or if he was breeder/show quality and was wondering if anyone could tell me before I purchase him? I already have pet quality ducks and want to work towards show quality. Thanks
I think he’s a bit too long in every aspect of his body, but he might get more full later on. Although, because of his curled tail feather, that makes me thing he’s a bit too old to get more bushy feathers, but I’m no expert on feathering! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom