Shredded newspaper for bedding

I never have, so I can't speak from experience. I am not sure if the paper or ink would be toxic to them. But I would imagine that it would turn into a sopping wet mess. I always used just shavings for brooding ducklings, and as long as you clean it every other day or so, they wok pretty well.

News paper get very slippery when wet and I think it would be a huge mess to mix it with shavings. I do shavings for bedding and then do pine pellets for around the water bowl. I put the water bowl in a rabbit litter pan with the pellets around it to contain the water mess.

Shredded newspaper might not be a good idea to use as bedding because it will get sopping wet, and will probably cause a bigger mess than something like pine shavings. For my waterer, I just put less pine shavings around that area so there are less wet ones. Hope this helps.

I find the best old sheets and towels that can be dried was cleaned and washed. More comfortable for them too!

I liked using old sheets for my ducklings, too. I hosed them off in the yard and let them sun dry before i put them in the washer.

Ducklings are messy and I didn't want to clog my washer/dryer with wet grains/grit/baby down etc.

Back
Top Bottom