Shrink Bags

Lexiluke

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 13, 2012
I already know that most people get their bags from Cornerstone Farm but I was wondering if the shrink bags on Ebay would serve the same purpose. I converted their thickness and compared it to Cornerstones and they are thinner but I wonder if they would still work and freeze well. The cost for the bags is much more reasonable. I am not trying to shortcut on quality but I was just wondering if anyone else has experimented with these bags and if so, what are your recommendations. My meaties are still only two weeks old so I have a little time to decide what to purchase. Thanks in advance.

I am sorry for any confusion. Here is a link to the bags I was thinking about ordering. http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-9-x14-Sh...163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bfe0e3bb They are somewhat thinner but I am not sure if they would perform somewhat similar. The cost of these vs. the cost of Cornerstone or the link you provided are so much less. I am assuming this is a hoax or at least something not worth preserving my hard work,but I thought I would ask. This is my first round with meat birds and I am truly at the novice stage. I am an active hunter and have processed many ducks and partridge but have always just breasted them out and vacuum packed them. I am very interested in the shrink packaging and am hoping that the experts in this forum can shed a little light on these.

Last edited:
Well, I decided on Cornerstone Farm. Ordered last Friday and received them on Wednesday. Now for my X's to grow a little more. Thanks for the advice.

Has anyone used vacuum seal bags? I by the cheap ones when I can but I have never vacuumed sealed a chicken in them. I am just wondering if it is cheap enough and if they will even fit in the bags.

Has anyone used vacuum seal bags? I by the cheap ones when I can but I have never vacuumed sealed a chicken in them. I am just wondering if it is cheap enough and if they will even fit in the bags.

I have a Foodsaver and have vacuum sealed some parts, but not whole birds. The vacuum bags are meant to come out fairly flat, so a bunch of leg/thigh quarters fit nicely, but a full breast not so much. Probably split breasts would do fine, but I haven't figured out how to do those yet. (I think I need a different knife...)

-Wendy

Back
Top Bottom